|Shifts hiring||On Call, Part-time|
Hiring a PT PRN Housekeeper.
The purpose of your job position is to maintain a clean and safe environment in accordance with current federal, state and local standards and regulations governing the facility and as directed by housekeeping department and/or the Administrator.
The Housekeeper will treat each resident with kindness, dignity and respect. They will knock before entering a resident’s room. They will honor the residents personal and property rights. They will work cooperatively with all departments and multidisciplinary teams. They will demonstrate patience, initiative and willingness to assist residents that may be difficult or in discomfort. They will be committed to always doing the right thing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cleaning/polishing of furniture, fixtures, ledges, room heating/cooling units in residents rooms and throughout the facility
- Cleaning, washing, sanitizing, and/or polishing bathroom fixtures
- Maintaining spotless windows/mirrors in resident rooms, bathrooms, recreational areas, and entrance/exit ways
- Cleaning floors, including sweeping, damp/wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing and disinfecting
- Vacuuming, shampooing, and deodorizing carpets
- Dusting walls and ceilings, removing spots
- Daily disposing of refuse in accordance with sanitation procedures
- Daily emptying and sanitizing of trash cans
- Keeping areas free of hazardous objects, unnecessary supplies or equipment, etc.
- Keeping hallways and stairways clean and safe to walk
- Maintaining a clean and stocked supply cart
- Following proper techniques when mixing chemicals, disinfectants, and solutions for cleaning
- Cleaning vacant rooms when assigned
- Performing tasks with precaution and using safety equipment as required
- Coordinating routine/terminal isolation procedures with nursing department
- Following policies governing the use of labels and MSDSs
- Following established handwashing procedures
- Reporting all accidents/incidents (hazardous or not) to the supervisor immediately
- Keeping supervisor informed of burned out light bulbs, exit lights, room call lights, etc.
- Following infection control policies and procedures
- Abiding with all facility policies and procedures including fire safety
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies these are the only duties you will be required to perform as directed by management. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
Education / Licensure
High school diploma or GED preferred
Qualifications / Experience
Minimum 6 months experience in healthcare setting preferred
Must be able to understand English language
Must be to follow directions
May be subjected to odors, dust, disinfectants, tobacco smoking or air contaminants
May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including TB and the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses
Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day through all areas of the facility
Must be able to stand, bend, twist and reach throughout the day
Repetitive hand motion
Must be able to push, pull, move and or lift up to 25 lbs. to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 15 feet